September Newsletter
For the full Newsletter please click here (trust me it looks much prettier):
September Newsletter

I have had a blast getting to know the students this first week of school. There are so many great things going on in our school and it all starts with them. When students ask what a principal does I tell them that I have two jobs. 1. To make sure that all the students are safe and 2. to make sure that everyone is learning. In order to do those things I have to be among the students. Right now we are working a lot with students to make sure that they know what proactive behavior looks like. We are working to help them know the expectations (beginning with the end in mind) and live up to them. I am slowly learning names of students, I know it will take a while, but I am glad to get to know the students here at Discovery Elementary and to help them to live up to their potential because I have seen that it is great.

Important Dates:
Every Wednesday is early out day.

Every Friday is Dolphin Pride day.  Wear your blue shirts!

September 1-Labor day-No School

September 4-PTA Meeting 9:15 am

September 4-5-Dibels testing

September 12 Back to school assembly

September 16-Fundraiser Kick off

September 24-No School

September 30-School Pictures

October 1-2 will be parent teacher conferences

PTA-Please like the PTA Facebook page for helpful reminders! Discovery Elementary P.T.A., Brigham City UT. We are still looking for volunteers in our bookroom and for crossing guard subs. If you are willing to help out with us please call Michelle Barker m221shelly@yahoo.com or leave a message in the office. Our first meeting is September 4 @ 9:15 We hope to see you there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parent Teacher Conferences

Kindergarten Registration